Are you a seasoned HR leader with a can-do attitude and a passion for making a difference? If so, we invite you to consider joining our client's dynamic team at a non-profit educational organization, with 1500 employees, in the Greater Hartford area. We are on the lookout for an HR Director who not only possesses 7+ years of HR leadership experience but also embodies the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. If you are a problem solver who thrives in challenging situations and has a track record in mergers and acquisitions, we want you to take ownership of this exciting opportunity and help us shape the future of our organization. Join this organization in their mission to create a brighter tomorrow through education, innovation, and community impact.
Summary: The Human Resources Director oversees HR functions with a focus on employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and compliance. Collaborates with organizational leaders to ensure policy adherence, regulatory compliance, and effective benefit management.
- Develop and administer consistent benefit policies and programs.
- Monitor and update benefit offerings to stay competitive and compliant.
- Conduct group benefit meetings and maintain benefit materials.
- Publish an annual employee benefits booklet.
- Manage retirement and pension programs effectively.
- Provide guidance to managers on personnel matters.
- Develop and maintain standardized job descriptions.
- Create and administer compensation programs.
- Lead recruitment efforts and ensure candidate suitability.
- Maintain employee personnel files and records.
- Stay updated on relevant legislation and regulations.
- Create employee communications and coordinate wellness programs.
- Assist international employees with visa and U.S. work rules.
- Act as Account Manager for specific programs.
- Oversee safety initiatives and emergency plans.
- Participate in workers' compensation meetings.
- Supervise the Group Benefits Coordinator and support staff.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- MS Degree in Labor Relations or Business Administration with HR focus.
- Minimum seven years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of HR laws, benefits, and healthcare regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with good record-keeping abilities.
- Knowledge of ADA and workers' compensation.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of handling projects independently.
- Willingness to travel within Hartford county and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Office-based with occasional travel.
- Moderate travel within Hartford county may be required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work.