Job Title: Material Planner
Location: Stamford, CT
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in Stamford, is looking to add a Material Planner to their team. They value innovation, product quality, and exceptional customer service, which form the cornerstone of their competitive advantage. This role offers an excellent opportunity for entry-level Supply Chain Management experience in a dynamic manufacturing setting with the potential for specialization and career advancement. The ideal candidate will become proficient in various aspects of the field, including Material Planning, Inventory Management, Procurement, and Transportation.
Primary responsibilities will involve planning sub-assemblies, identifying material shortages, negotiating procurement, and managing inventory, all in support of the production of our products. The role also includes participation in our Inventory Management Team. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong ethics, negotiation skills, and the ability to source materials from approved vendors. We are looking for individuals who are motivated, adaptable, and capable of thriving in a high-performance team environment. We value commitment, passion, and innovative thinking. As part of our close-knit team, you will have the opportunity to be fully engaged in all aspects of our company. This is an entry-level position with significant growth potential!
- Collaborate with Senior Management/Marketing to analyze Strategic Demand and identify material shortages for procurement, aligning with Production Planning guidance.
- Generate purchase order requisitions for our procurement team, considering annual usage and item lead times.
- Manage outside service orders.
- Actively contribute to the Inventory team.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Handle the quotation, placement, tracking, and expedited processing of orders, as needed, through our receiving department.
- Monitor supplier on-time delivery performance.
Education: (or equivalent years of experience)
- A college degree, preferably in Business or a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in manufacturing or warehouse environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize an ERP system.
- APEX certification is a huge PLUS