Junior HR Coordinator needed for a very SOLID and VERY WELL RESPECTED AMERICAN company located in New Canaan, CT. The Human Resources Assistant partners with and assists HR staff as a valuable member of the HR Department. This position is focused mainly on recruiting and benefits, with additional projects and work in other areas within HR as needs arise. The HR Assistant interacts with a diverse employee population in multiple geographic areas throughout the U.S.
This position is open due to company growth and company expansion.
Data Input of employee data
- Inputs accurate, timely information related to emergency contacts and addresses changes into system
- Assists with recruiting from time of the request to hire through the onboarding process, including the following:
- Coordinates college and other career fairs, including coordinating attendance, company displays and giveaways, and compiling and disseminating resumes received
- Posts job advertisements
- Helps ensure that hiring managers and applicants receive the information required
- Schedules interviews
- Coordinates pre-employment drug tests and background checks as required; obtains and retains applicable results in corresponding binders
- Serves as initial contact for individuals calling about jobs at the company, fielding questions, routing candidates to the career website, and answering questions about applications already received on the career website.
Legally Required Reporting
- Assists with preparing Applicant Logs for new hires.
- Assists with preparing and mailing legally required notices and forms, e.g., Summary Annual Reports, Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability, etc.
- Compiles new hire benefits packages and mails/emails cover letter and benefits package to newly benefits-eligible employees or to the designated port contact for distribution to employees. Mails Initial COBRA Notices and Summary Plan Descriptions to employees.
- Assists with open enrollment employee communications.
- Assists with the Wellness Program by sending awards or prizes to employees.
- Initiates sending boxed files to off-site storage after they are well documented to ensure easy access and retrieval of file information. Retrieves information from off-site storage in response to requests for information such as subpoenas.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of employee information, which includes ensuring both the physical safety of confidential information by locking file cabinets and the electronic safety of information.
- Assists in drafting HR-related forms, including converting Word documents into pdf fillable format documents and updating spreadsheets, forms, and templates.
- Assists with HR mailings, including mail merges in Word.
- Sets up and maintains accurate, timely employee and retiree files, medical files, and I-9 binders for active and termed employees.
- Files, photocopies, and scans documents. Ensures that HR equipment is kept in working order.
- Distributes mail to HR staff.
- Assists with special HR projects and other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Paid Overtime
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Business Casual Attire
- Ergonomic Office Space
- Paid Parking
Please note, all resumes will be reviewed and considered; however, only candidates whose resumes match our clients' job specifications will be contacted. Unfortunately, with the volume of resumes we receive it is impossible to respond to everyone. In order to expedite consideration of your candidacy, please be sure to include your resume with your reply.
Fee will be paid by our client, the prospective employer.
Mackey Staffing & Co. offers a generous referral bonus to anyone who refers a candidate that is placed in a direct-hire position and meets the guarantee period.
Mackey Staffing & Co. LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.