Prestigious Medical Facility needs an Operating Room RN to join award winning hospital. This position is open due to increased patient volume at hospital.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
- Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns
- Prepare the operating room for surgery (supplies, implants, instruments, equipment)
- Check equipment & troubleshoot as needed
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation when scrubbed
- BSN or Associate Degree matriculated into a bachelors program
- Current CT RN license
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ACLS and PALS
- Critical Care Experience
- Telemetry experience
- State/Federal Mandated Licensure or Certification
- Current State of Connecticut licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification from a professional nursing body preferred.
Please note, all resumes will be reviewed and considered; however, only candidates whose resumes match our clients' job specifications will be contacted. Unfortunately, with the volume of resumes we receive it is impossible to respond to everyone. In order to expedite consideration of your candidacy, please be sure to include your resume with your reply.
Fee will be paid by our client, the prospective employer.
Mackey Staffing & Co. offers a generous referral bonus to anyone who refers a candidate that is placed in a direct-hire position and meets the guarantee period.
Mackey Staffing & Co. LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.