Help contribute to the mission of honoring and offering hope and guidance to patients and families as an RN with one of Connecticut's most well-known and respected Hospice facilities.
This position is open due to company growth.
- Assesses patient/family for physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and collaborates with patient/family, physician, IDG to establish the plan of care, implement interventions, and/or evaluate care.
- Initiates and maintains communication with attending physician, Medical Director, IDG, Team Director, Team Manager and/or other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Documents according to protocol and maintains up-to-date patient records so that the care plan’s problems, interventions, actions and goals reflect baseline, current, and ongoing status, and changes as they occur.
- Participates in On-Call or Admissions assignment/rotation as directed.
- Provides education to patient and caregiver(s) as needed based on knowledge needs and learning assessment and patient / family condition.
- Coordinates care with IDG and informs the Team Director/Team Manager and IDG of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
- Participates in orientation and ongoing education programs and maintains current professional licensure.
- Demonstrates familiarity and uses agency and state(s) policies and protocols pertaining to provision of hospice and nursing services to meet internal process requirements and state/federal regulations.
- Participates in IDG Meetings, facility patient conferences, and other patient / family meetings in coordination with IDG and/or Team Director
- Associates degree, preferred
- Registered Nurse license required in state(s) practicing
- Current and valid CPR certification, preferred – required in Georgia
- Minimum one year of experience, preferred – required in California
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Willingness to serve on-call.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
- Meet the regulations and requirements of the State in which the program provides services.
- Commitment to Seasons philosophy of care, TRUE HOPE values, vision and mission statements as an exemplary role model for all staff role model for all staff.
This employer offers the following:
- Full Benefits
Please note, all resumes will be reviewed and considered; however, only candidates whose resumes match our clients' job specifications will be contacted. Unfortunately, with the volume of resumes we receive it is impossible to respond to everyone. In order to expedite consideration of your candidacy, please be sure to include your resume with your reply.
Fee will be paid by our client, the prospective employer.
Mackey Staffing & Co. offers a generous referral bonus to anyone who refers a candidate that is placed in a direct-hire position and meets the guarantee period.
Mackey Staffing & Co. LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.