Looking to support the medical field in a personalized and friendly environment? Our client, a very prestigious Medical Facility needs a Medical Technologist to join their award winning facility. This organization offers an excellent salary, terrific benefits and a potential for a sign on bonus.
This position is open due to increased patient volume at hospital.
- Accurate sample preparation and specimen identification
- Performs and interprets, waived, moderate and high complexity testing
- Training required in more than one department
- Reviews and evaluates Quality Control
- Organizes and prioritizes workflow according to Stat test requests
- Call critical values to ordering providers
- Performs instrument maintenance as required
- Works effectively as a team member within the departments and with other units to provide quality services
- Adheres to all policies and procedures and is compliant with state, CLIA and CAP regulations
- Maintains competency in all departments that training has occurred.
- Attention to detail required
- Ability to multi-task and have critical problem-solving skills
- Must work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Instrument and department maintenance
- Quality assurance
- Evaluation of Quality Control results
- Other tasks/projects as assigned.
- BS in Medical Technology (MT) or Bachelor's in Chemical, Physical or Biological Sciences; experience in a clinical laboratory preferred. One (1) year minimum experience in Microbiology preferred
- State/Federal Mandated Licensure or Certification Requirements
- ASCP Certification strongly preferred
- Full Benefits
- Nice Environment
- Sign on Bonus
Please note, all resumes will be reviewed and considered; however, only candidates whose resumes match our clients' job specifications will be contacted. Unfortunately, with the volume of resumes we receive it is impossible to respond to everyone. In order to expedite consideration of your candidacy, please be sure to include your resume with your reply.